Best Vegan CBD Gummies in 2024
People who choose to be vegan have decided to follow a diet that excludes the consumption of animal products or byproducts. The list of exclusions of such a diet has a few surprises, like honey. Therefore, a company selling vegan products must carefully adhere to vegan standards. Vegan CBD gummies are ideal for the vegan lifestyle because they do not contain any animal products or byproducts in the ingredients. You can use vegan CBD gummies for pain or vegan CBD gummies for sleep with the confidence you are adhering to your commitment to veganism.
Table of Contents
- What Are Vegan CBD Gummies?
- The Best CBD Gummies for Seniors Overview
- Best Vegan CBD Gummies
- 1. CBDfx Original Mixed Berry CBD Gummies
- 2. Joy Organics CBD Gummies Strawberry Lemonade
- 3. Medterra True Full Spectrum Max Relief CBD Gummies, Citrus
- 4. Elixinol Everyday Extra Strength CBD Gummies
- 5. CBDistillery Shhh Distilled THC + CBN + CBD Gummies for Deep Sleep
- 6. Hemp Bombs Maximum Potency Sleep CBD+CBN Gummies with Melatonin, Cherry Haze
- 7. cbdMD Broad Spectrum CBD Gummies
- 8. Charlotte’s Web CBD Gummies: Calm
- 9. Fab CBD Anytime CBD Gummies
- 10. Medosi CBD Sleep Support Vegan Gummies
- What are Vegan CBD Gummies Good for?
- Factors to Consider When Choosing CBD Gummies
- Vegan CBD Gummies Fit Every Lifestyle
What Are Vegan CBD Gummies?
Vegan CBD gummies are made with only plant-based ingredients. They do not contain gelatin like those made with non-vegan CBD candies. Gelatin is obtained by boiling pig or cow skin, bones, ligaments and tendons in water to obtain collagen, which is a natural protein.
The vegan edible gummies are made with other ingredients that create the desired gelling agent. Vegan edible CBD brands commonly use pectin from citrus fruit. However, there are other options, like agar-agar, which is a vegetarian gelatin made from seaweed.
The other feature of CBD gummies without pectin that is important to vegans is that the ingredients other than the gelling agent are also plant-based. These ingredients include tapioca syrup, cane sugar, pear juice, sunflower oil, and natural flavoring.
The Best CBD Gummies for Seniors Overview
Seniors usually have unique issues to take into consideration when selecting CBD gummies. Vegan CBD gummies are made with all-natural ingredients. Since most seniors are taking various medications, they should always check with their doctor first before taking any CBD product. The vegan CBD gummies are an excellent choice if approved since they are plant-based formulations.
Another consideration of seniors is that they need CBD products that address common aging issues, like gummies for sleep, immune, and joint support. CBD brands manufacture gummies that focus on these types of wellness challenges.
A third consideration is that some seniors may want to avoid taking any THC. In that case, the best spectrum choice for them is broad spectrum CBD gummies. The broad spectrum CBD gummies have all the cannabinoids and other healthy compounds like terpenes that are found in the hemp plant, except for THC. Seniors can benefit from the “entourage effect,” in which the plant compounds work together to enhance the impact. Vegan CBD gummies with isolate CBD are also available.
Best Vegan CBD Gummies
- Organic: CBDfx Mixed Berry CBD Gummies
- THC-free: Joy Organics Strawberry Lemonade CBD Gummies
- Max Relief: Medterra True Full Spectrum CBD Gummies
- Extra Strength: Elixinol Everyday CBD Gummies
- Gummies for Deep Sleep: CBDistillery Shhh Distilled CBD Gummies
- Sleep CBD+CBN Gummies: Hemp Bombs Maximum Potency Sleep CBD Gummies with Melatonin
- Broad Spectrum: cbdMD CBD Gummies
- Calm and Relaxing: Charlotte’s Web Lemon Lime CBD Gummies
These CBDfx CBD gummies offer it all for wellness. They are vegan, gluten-free and organic in regard to organic farming methods. The CBD is extracted from the hemp plant via clean CO2 so solvents are unnecessary. CBD gummies contain all-natural ingredients and meet non-detectable THC standards. With 1500 mg per container, you can keep plenty on hand for a periodic boost.
Joy Organics is always focused on producing the most natural products possible, making them popular among people who only want clean ingredients. You do not have to be vegan to appreciate the natural ingredients, fruity flavor and THC-free broad spectrum which contains many phytonutrients. Joy Organics’ CBD products can fit just about any diet.
These Medterra vegan-friendly gummies deliver the full power of the hemp plant’s cannabinoids, flavonoids, and terpenes. This provides relief on many levels through the interaction of the complex compounds. The CBD is extracted from organically grown hemp and made with MCT oil, which aids in faster digestion. You will appreciate the full effects of this full spectrum formula CBD gummy product.
Elixinol has produced the highest quality gummies at an affordable price. The vegan Elixinol CBD gummies are flavored with natural juices from vegetables and fruits, and the CBD is obtained through a solvent-free supercritical CO2 extraction method. You can count on these gummies with 25mg of CBD per gummy to support your general wellness in a flavorful way.
CBDistillery has a well-earned reputation for transparency about product sourcing and is certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority. The vegan gummies contain precisely what is needed to improve sleep quality, including a careful balance of quality: 25 mg of CBD, 5 mg of CBN, and 5 mg of naturally occurring THC. The added benefit of this CBD gummy product is a fruity dream berry flavor.
If getting a good night’s sleep is a constant challenge, then it is time to try gluten-free, vegan Hemp Bombs for sleep. These are potent sleep inducers, with each gummy containing a careful blend of 100mg of premium CBD, 5 mg of CBN and 5 mg of melatonin. These max-strength chews also have a cherry haze flavor that only adds to their soothing effects.
The cbdMD CBD gummies are for you if you prefer tangy fruit flavors. The cbdMD gummy brand is certified for good manufacturing practice and has developed gummies that offer a mix of delicious natural fruit flavors and natural sweeteners. These gummies contain 100 mg of CBD per gummy, the beneficial compounds in hemp, and no detectable THC. You can count on an extra energy boost from these vegan and gluten-free CBD gummies that will sweeten your day.
Charlotte’s Web is a well-respected brand in the CBD industry, having developed proprietary hemp genetics since 2011. Today, the company uses the remarkable propriety of hemp genetics to produce high-quality, carefully formulated products, including vegan, gluten-free and calming CBD gummies. With 10 mg of CBD per gummy, the botanical blend of lemon balm and natural flavoring supports relaxation in a hectic world.
Fab CBD has established itself as a noteworthy player in the CBD market, particularly known for its commitment to quality and purity. Their best-seller, anytime CBD gummies are well-known among CBD enthusiasts. These THC-free, isolate gummies come in a convenient 30-count package, offering a total of 750mg of CBD. Each gummy contains 25 mg of CBD, perfect for those seeking a consistent and easy-to-manage dosage. Their effectiveness in promoting relaxation and easing stress makes them a great choice for anyone looking to benefit from CBD’s calming properties.
Medosi’s CBD + CBN Sleep Support Vegan Gummies, in a delightful mixed berry flavor, are a standout choice for vegans. Each package contains 30 full-spectrum gummies, combining 300mg CBN with 750mg CBD, designed specifically for enhancing sleep quality. These gummies offer a potent, plant-based solution for sleep improvement, making them ideal for health-conscious consumers seeking natural, effective sleep aids.
What are Vegan CBD Gummies Good for?
Vegan CBD gummies are made to serve different purposes. Research on CBD demonstrates that CBD may have significant potential as a natural compound to help with various issues, like sleep disorders and pain. Though more research is needed, the body of evidence is rapidly growing. Many CBD gummies have natural ingredients that enhance the desired effect. They include lemon balm, vitamin C, ashwagandha, elderberry, melatonin, chamomile and many others.
CBD gummies are available to address everyday life stressors. Following is a sample of the clinical studies investigating the potential benefits of CBD.
Sleep or Relaxation
An extensive review of clinical studies led reviewers to conclude that medium to high doses of CBD may improve insomnia. A randomized controlled clinical trial found that long-term use of 15 mg of CBD is safe and may improve sleep quality.
Significant research has found CBD has anti-oxidative properties. Recently, a study found there may be a connection between neurons that detect discomfort and immune cells. CBD may reduce discomfort but may also influence neurons through its effects on the endocannabinoid system.
Daily Wellness and Energy
Good health results from many variables, including mood, stress management and nutrition. Taking 15 mg of CBD for six weeks has been shown to improve HDL cholesterol, improve sleep, produce a positive stress response and increase the perception of life pleasure.
Immune System Support
CBD does affect immunity per various studies through its influence on cytokine production by the immune system and the infiltration of the cells in tissue. Cytokines are proteins that help control inflammation. Now, researchers recommend further CBD clinical studies to address diseases with a strong inflammatory component.
This is just a sample of the many clinical studies showing the potential therapeutic value of CBD and its ability to promote general wellness.
Factors to Consider When Choosing CBD Gummies
You should always review the Certificate of Analysis (COA) to review independent lab testing results. All high-quality CBD gummies are free from heavy metals, pesticides, solvent residues and GMOs. Following are some factors to consider when reviewing CBD brands and their products.
- Natural ingredients: ingredients for sweetening, coloring and flavoring are plant-based.
- Additives: no additives used that are derived from animals.
- Hemp source: the source of hemp is a quality issue and whether it is organically grown.
- Spectrum: three spectrums, which are full spectrum (has THC), broad spectrum (no THC) and isolate (CBD only).
- CBD potency: products are available in a wide range of CBD per gummy.
- Health needs: various CBD products address different health needs like improving sleep quality, reducing feelings of pain, reducing inflammation, easing feelings of stress or anxiety, etc.
- Flavor: CBD gummies are made in delicious flavors like elderberry, mixed berry, black cherry, and raspberry.
- Brand reputation: buy CBD products from reputable companies known for transparency, product quality, and excellent customer service.
- CBD extraction method: CO2 is considered the best method for extracting CBD, so most vegan CBD gummies are made with CBD extracted in this manner. The reason vegan gummies are made in this way is because CO2 extraction does not use solvents.
Vegan CBD Gummies Fit Every Lifestyle
Choosing vegan CBD gummies is good for your body because plants and natural ingredients are mostly lower in fat than animal products. Another reason people are choosing vegan products, in general, is because they are committed to ending animal testing for food development. Vegan edibles enable consumers to maintain their ethical lifestyle while enjoying the benefits of CBD.
- Balachandran P, Elsohly M, Hill KP. Cannabidiol Interactions with Medications, Illicit Substances, and Alcohol: a Comprehensive Review. J Gen Intern Med. 2021 Jul;36(7):2074-2084. PubMed
- Moltke J, Hindocha C. Reasons for cannabidiol use: a cross-sectional study of CBD users, focusing on self-perceived stress, anxiety, and sleep problems. J Cannabis Res. 2021;3:5. ScienceDirect
- Gulbransen G, Xu W, Arroll B. Cannabidiol prescription in clinical practice: an audit on the first 400 patients in New Zealand. BJGP Open. 2020;4(1). BJGP Open
- Robaina Cabrera CL, Keir-Rudman S, Horniman N, Clarkson N, Page C. The anti-inflammatory effects of cannabidiol and cannabigerol alone and in combination. Pulmonary Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2021;69. ScienceDirect
- Henshaw FR, Dewsbury LS, Lim CK, Steiner GZ. The Effects of Cannabinoids on Pro- and Anti-Inflammatory Cytokines: A Systematic Review of In Vivo Studies. Cannabis Cannabinoid Res. 2021 Jun;6(3). PubMed
- ScienceDirect. Use of cannabidiol (CBD) for the treatment of chronic pain. ScienceDirect
- National Library of Medicine. Aging changes in sleep. National Library of Medicine
- Porter B, St. Marie B, Milavetz G, Herr K. Cannabidiol (CBD) Use by Older Adults for Acute and Chronic Pain. J Gerontol Nurs. 2021 Jul;47(7):6-15. PubMed