A CBD bath bomb is an excellent idea if you’re looking for a nurturing, holistic way to pamper yourself. This is all about taking the concept of a “bubble bath” to the next level. A lot of people prefer to make their own CBD oil bath bombs. The big benefit of doing this is that you get a cost-effective way to create a custom blend. Let’s dig into the how and why of making oil bath balls for health, wellness and reality-defying relaxation.
Why Use CBD to Make a Bath Bomb?
You should consider soaking in a bath with a CBD bath bomb if you’re looking for some next-level relaxation and healing properties. The experience of “bathing” in CBD creates the perfect environment for transdermal absorption that may help to foster more localized results in the areas of your body you’re hoping to treat and soothe. Here’s a look at the benefits of CBD bath bombs that get people hooked:
- All-over relaxation.
- Stress relief.
- Feelings of healing and purification.
- Nourishment of the skin, hair and nails.
A CBD bath really delivers two experiences in one. First, you’re getting the ritual of a long, relaxing soak. Second, you’re enjoying the benefits of CBD being deeply infused all throughout your body.
How to Make CBD Bath Bombs Using CBD Isolate?
You just need to combine a little bit of science with a little bit of creativity to make a CBD bath bomb at home. Today, we’re sharing a CBD isolate bath bomb recipe that’s easy enough for anyone to try for the first time. The first order of business is getting your hands on a high-quality CBD isolate to use in your CBD bath bomb recipe. This is a pure, crystalline form of CBD that offers a concentrated dose. Here’s what you’ll need to gather:
You will get approximately 6 bath bombs. Next, you can think about how you’d like to customize your bath bomb. You can do this using your favorite essential oil. Anything from lavender to lemongrass can add some extra relaxation and good vibes to your bath bomb. You can put in anywhere from three drops to 10 drops based on how fragrant you’d like your bath bomb to be. Here’s how you put it all together to sculpt a bath bomb:
- Mix CBD Isolate with Coconut Oil.
Start by mixing your CBD isolate with your warm coconut oil. This is also the place to add in drops of any essential oils that you want to use.
- Mix Soda, Citric Acid, Epsom Salt.
Grab a separate bowl where you'll mix the baking soda, citric acid and Epsom salt.
- Mix Oils with Dry Ingredients.
You can slowly mix the CBD isolate, coconut oil, and essential oils into your bowl of dry ingredients gently using just your hands. Do this very slowly as you try to dampen the dry ingredients smoothly enough that the result is something that will be easily molded. You can add little spritzes of water if you find that your ingredients need just a hint of extra moisture to properly bind.
- Fill the Mold.
Next, fill your mold with the mixture. You'll need to fill each half of your mold before pressing them together if you're using a traditional “orb” mold. You can also use an ice-cube tray if necessary.
- Wait and Place the Formed Bath Bomb on the Paper.
Allow your mixture to sit in the mold for up to two minutes. You should have a sheet of parchment paper waiting. Next, carefully release the newly formed bath bomb and place it down on the parchment paper.
- Bowl, mold
- A mold for your bath bomb.
0.3 grams of your preferred CBD isolate powder.
1 cup of baking soda.
1/2 cup of citric acid.
1/2 cup of Epsom salt.
2 1/2 tablespoons of warmed coconut oil.
The minimum amount of CBD for a relaxing bath bomb is about 20 mg. If you are seeking a calming bath experience, try between 50–100 mg CBD per count. For regular users, you may try adding up to 160 mg of CBD per one bath bomb.
If you want to get 20 mg of CBD per one bath bomb, you will need to add 0.12 grams of CBD isolate powder. For 100 mg CBD per one bath bomb, you will have to weigh 0.6 grams of the powder, and for 160 mg CBD per one bath bomb take 1 gram of the isolate product.
Thinking about where to take CBD isolate powder? At CBD.market you may choose from the following options:
Creating a CBD bath bomb does require a bit of delayed gratification. You’ll need to allow the bath bomb to sit for up to 24 hours in the open air once it’s formed. Check back periodically to test the firmness of your bath bomb!
How to Make CBD Bath Bombs Using CBD Oils?
Using this “A Heart for Lavender” recipe, you will make 10 large CBD bath bombs.
- A mold for your bath bomb.
- A pair of disposable gloves.
- A mixing bowl.
- Measuring cups.
- 2 cups baking soda.
- 1 cup citric acid.
- 1.5 cups corn starch.
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water.
- A few drops of lavender essential oil.
- A few drops of beet juice or red gel food coloring for a CBD bath bomb recipe with color.
- 250 milligrams of the best CBD oil for bath bombs (for 25 milligrams per bomb).
Tip on Adding CBD Oil to Bath Bombs:
Use a low-potency oil to ensure that the amount of oil you use will stretch throughout the entire batch for even delivery per serving.
- Add your dry ingredients together in a bowl. Smooth out any clumps with your hand.
- Next slowly and gently mix in the wet ingredients while whisking. Do your best to combine the ingredients without “smooshing” them together in a way that activates fizzing. If you get fizzing, add in more dry ingredients to stop it in its tracks. Once blended, your mix should remain firm when you squeeze a clump of it in your hand.
- It’s now time to pack your formula into your mold. Bit by bit, try to pack the mix into your mold tightly. Be sure to create an even surface at the top of the mold because any uneven areas can create cracking. Let your mold sit for 10 minutes.
- It’s time for the reveal! Remove your mixture from the mold very slowly and steadily over a cookie sheet. The method you use will depend on the type of mold you’re using. If you are using an open-faced mold, press a cookie sheet over the mold before flipping the sheet to set it down on a table. This should leave your bath bombs displayed on the cookie sheet! Allow the bombs to dry overnight before using them!
DIY CBD Oil Bath Bomb Tip:
If your bombs crumble while you’re removing them from the mold, you can pack them back in to try again. Spraying some water on the crumbled bomb can help to restore it.
How Do You Use a CBD Bath Bomb?
There’s really no special trick to using a CBD bath bomb! You can simply drop it into a tub full of water to let it do its magic. While some people prefer to drop the bomb in before getting into the tub, others like to climb in first to watch the fun, fizzy action taking place all around them once the bomb hits the water. Some people find that holding a bath bomb underwater or moving it around the tub to create ripples helps to make a bomb dissolve faster. You can soak for as long as you’d like once you’re in the tub with a CBD bath bomb.
Are There Good Alternatives to CBD Bath Bombs?
CBD bath bombs are really the gold standard in terms of savoring CBD soaks. However, there are other options available that some people choose out of personal preference or cost concerns. For instance, CBD bath soaks that look like little sprigs that you drop into the water allow you to use just a little bit of product for each session. You can also use CBD bath salts that can be sprinkled into baths.
Many people find that the cost of making bath bombs lands somewhere between $5 and $20 per pop. The price is more than worth it for those looking for a fully immersive CBD experience that encompasses the entire body!
Ready to Try CBD Bath Bombs?
For many CBD fans, learning how to make CBD bath bombs is a very satisfying experience that allows them to concoct custom creations for health and wellness. Oil bath balls offer a great way to unwind and tackle stress using organic, soothing ingredients. The best part about using a CBD isolate bath bomb recipe is that every new bath bomb you create is an opportunity to experiment with different scents and sensations!